Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Falling Off the Bandwagon

I will be the first one to admit that I am a stress eater. Well, to put it simply I'm an "anytime" eater. Whenever I feel like I "deserve" a treat I have one. My biggest problem is saying no to the second piece or the third piece or the fourth-I-should-never-have-even-started piece. After that my small reward to myself becomes a huge regret.

For example this afternoon I decided to have a beer, a nice beer too one packed with empty calories in it's hoppy goodness. But, then I decided to make a s'more in the microwave, and another and before I knew what was happening, I was sitting on the couch feeling guilty about the food events that had occurred during the previous twenty minutes.

Self-control is a learned process, which is something I'm well aware of. I definitely have more self-control than I've had in the past, but at the same time, there's moments when I fall into old habits that lead into a downwards spiral of guilty thoughts and woulda-coulda-sho
ula moments.

In other news, this morning I tried a smoothie from a blog I found called Iowa Girl Eats, in this specific blog post she describes eating veggies for lunch in what she calls the Green Monster Spinach Smoothie , which is....DELICIOUS! I had it for breakfast this morning and needless to say I will be having it again! You can barely taste the spinach and I put at least a cup and a half of spinach into my blender this morning. It was fantastic! A must try!

Are there any other veggie tricks I should try out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment